Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please help to repair TV

steelo2009

Jul 27, 2013
I think I need to replace a board in my TV, Just not sure what one. (42inch Plasma PS42C430A1M)

You may need/find helpful following what I have done with the service manual.
Service manual here
http://elektrotanya.com/samsung_ps42c430a1_chassis_f71b.rar/download.html

Ok, (Bring up wiring diagram) I have tested all capacitors on the SMPS and Y-Drive boards, all ok. I tested voltage on SMPS board outputs and got the following.
CN804 - No supply
CN801 - 3.8v
CN802 - 6V (Don't recall exactly but has voltage)

These boards where removed from the TV at the time but I can put it all together and plug the boards back in for more testing if advised. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the SMPS board, however I do not know if there should be voltage on the CN804 plug my thinking was that CN801 feeds the main board which does it's checks, and if everything is ok it instructs the other boards to liven.

So replace Main Board?
Or should all three plugs be live so replace SMPS board....

Any advise would be great thanks. I have access to a range of equipment should I need to do more testing.
Also I was told the TV just made a clicking sound, wouldn't turn on, I got it cheap for this reason. I didn't try power it up I just went straight into pulling it apart thinking it would be an obvious capacitor. After finding no cap faults I put it back together and I plug into wall nothing at all happens, no standby light ect. I don't have a remote but did expect a red light to come on at least. I will get a remote if it seems like I can fix it.

Ok so think I just broke it! Went to check voltages again and crossed a live with an earth, hear a click noise now no voltage... Dam.
No one seems interested in replying anyway so I'll just try find new parts.
Thanks

Last edited: