Connect with us

Please Help! Need to find out how to fix my portable charger!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by jeremyrodas, Nov 15, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. jeremyrodas

jeremyrodas

Nov 15, 2011
    I recently bought this Sanyo enloop mobile booster at a yard sale. It's missing a button and I'm trying to figure what kind of button it requires. Because the only way to actually charge it is by pressing the button. But all I see is a white little piece (not the button) and I try clicking it with something and no click or an response. It charges fine, when I connect it with a charger, batter does a normal charge and lights work, it's just the button that won't respond.
    Please help:( :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi jeremy,
    welcome :)

sorry the pic is just too small and blurry to really make out anything meaningful
    try a little larger and much clearer :)

cheers
    Dave

3. jeremyrodas

jeremyrodas

Nov 15, 2011
    How do those look?

4. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi there jeremyrodas.
    I really find it hard to view the images, i am not sure, but it might be a momentary tactile type switch, but as said already the images are to blurred and far off, do you have macro on your camera for close ups.

If you have posted a second lot of images there not showing.
    Dave.D

5. jeremyrodas

jeremyrodas

Nov 15, 2011
    That's the best I can do):
    Im using my iPhone so it's the best shot I can get):

6. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi again.
    i am still not seeing any other images, your phone should do the job, but the upload seems to have failed.
    No images.
    Dave.D

7. jeremyrodas

jeremyrodas

Nov 15, 2011
    Okay i used a different camera and i think those are much better. Thank man.

8. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Hi again jeremyrodas.
    Yes thats defiantly a momentary tactile switch with the button top missing, thats my humble judgement, it was or is a reset switch, as you said its charging, but it could be a charge activation switch, i am not sure which, can you press the very center with a none metallic implement tooth pic etc, if it wont push then the depress part of the switch is missing, then you need to take measurements of the footprint and solder a new one in place of the broken one.
    Dave.D :)

9. jeremyrodas

jeremyrodas

Nov 15, 2011
    Okay and where would i get a momentary tactile switch?

10. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Where are you in the world i will post a link, but it might not be in your country, but all or most electronic stores stock them.
    Dave.D :)
    http://www.esr.co.uk/electronics/products/frame_switches.htm

Look at tactile switches, if i am right yours is the low profile one. But first establish it is this, then measure the footprint size.

11. jeremyrodas

jeremyrodas

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm in the US, California.

12. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    There are members on the forum from all over the world, and i believe a fare few members in the USA so you should get components easy from where you are, i cant remember there names, the electronic stores that is, but there out there, other members from the US should be able to put you in the right direction on a store near you.
    Dave.

Ask a Question