Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Please help me identifing part

Davieboiii

May 1, 2016
Hello

I have a hoverboard gyros that has broken a number of times. This has happened when I have calibrated the card.
You should obviously not activate the infrared sensor while it is calibrated or it will burn the IR component. Somehow, I pressed the pad on board which activates IR while calibration that has made that it does not react no more.

Now when i start the hoverboard the light is constand and no reaction whatsoever. When it works, it only lights up while standing on the hoverboard.

Now I wonder if you can tell which component on the card is "burned" when I calibrate it wrong. I was going to order only the part and solder it there by myself. Cost to much buying entire card each time this happends.

I post pictures on the card. It does not have many components, so it should not be so difficult for a knowledgeable person to identification component.

Grateful for answers!

2016-05-01 17.13.15.jpg
2016-05-01 17.13.48.jpg

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome

looks like the component circled in red has a hole punched in it, as indicated by the white arrow, due to the device failing
from the pic, it looks like a hole and not part of the component marking .... please confirm

2016-05-01 17_13_48sm.JPG

Dave

Davieboiii

May 1, 2016
hi there
welcome

looks like the component circled in red has a hole punched in it, as indicated by the white arrow, due to the device failing
from the pic, it looks like a hole and not part of the component marking .... please confirm

View attachment 26576

Dave
Hi Dave

Thank you for answearing me. I thought you found the issue. But i searched on the component on internet. Aand the hole is actually a melted brand logo.

I also measured the component. And it has on one pin 5.063 voltage and other pin 14.14 voltage. So i think its working.

I also measured the smaller component under it and it had on one pin 1.792 voltage and on other 3.273 voltage. Also seems to work.

I am suspectin it is one of the chips with many pins. There are one bigger and one smaller. But i am not sure. Any more ideas?

// David