Connect with us

Please Help Identify This Electronic Symbol

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by steve45, Feb 1, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. steve45


    Feb 1, 2021
    I just picked up a new-in-wrapper disk drive. When I got home, I heard a rattle and found a part had been broken off of the board. There is a nice little picture of the electronic symbol where it goes on the board, and there is an identical part right next to it, but I don't know what it is. I've been trying to find a schematic of this device to no avail (TEAC disk drive).

    It appears to be some sort of inductor, but it's polarity sensitive. There is a little bump on the symbol, as well as a bump on both components. It has a part number of 331.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Attached Files:

  2. Martaine2005


    May 12, 2015
    331 would suggest a 330μH inductor.
    Not polarised but may have a marking for current direction.

    davenn likes this.
  3. steve45


    Feb 1, 2021
    In digging around in the DigiKey catalog, I came to the same conclusion, that it must be a 330μH inductor. The extra marking had me stumped. Does current direction matter?
    Thanks for your input, Martin!
  4. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009

    No it doesnt
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day