Connect with us

PLCC socket best suited for having PCB mounting above it

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by TTL, Oct 24, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. TTL


    Oct 24, 2013
    I've damaged a PLCC socket (badly bent pins causing contact issues) when trying to insert an add-on PCB on top of it which I found very hard to do (see link for photos/text which explains what I'm doing).

    I figure I might as well desolder and replace the damaged 68-pin PLCC socket with a brand new one, but I'm wondering if there are PLCC sockets out there made specifically for allowing pins to be inserted on top, or if my only option is to use the same type of socket?
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day