Connect with us

Playstation 4 Dualshock 4 official controllers direction problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Yeah Boi, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Yeah Boi

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
    Hello everyone!

I have two PS4 controllers to repair and they have the same problem: when the left analog stick is pushed forward, or up, the sensitivity is lower, so on the black one, I have to press it, and on the white one, even more (to the point of clicking the button). I cleaned the black one, but did not notice any difference.

So what would be the solution? I care about the black one since it was in the repair container for controllers that need repair to the company I work for, but the white one is not a hurry since it is mine and I will sell or trade it anyway.

Thank you in advance.

2. Ridgeau

Ridgeau

Nov 17, 2018
    Hi Yeah Boi

Silly question, Which model of controller is it.

I know there was a problem with the compatibility between the PS4 Dualshock drivers after a update.

The solution was to re-learn the controllers to a fully updated Playstation, this solution worked for a similar problem I was having with a reasonably new controller.

Alternatley you could replace the joystick around and see how that goes.

You may have already tried this.

Outside of this I advise people to purchase a new controller as they get a hard work out when used, and I find them not cost effective to repair.

Regards
    Ridgeau

:All life asks is we try our best:

3. Yeah Boi

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
    Newer one for both controllers, which is model CUH-ZCT2U. I just cleaned the joystick module of the white one and I confirm it really did not change anything. And the solution about the update is not working either, because the person I got the white controller from had the same problem, and I use the controller on a Playstation 3. Did replace the joystick around meant the module?

4. Ridgeau

Ridgeau

Nov 17, 2018
    Is it working okay on PS3?

Have a look at this video, I have used it before for a repair their is a few videos from these people.

Regards

:All life asks is we try our best:

5. Yeah Boi

Yeah Boi

Mar 24, 2018
    Alright! Thank you for the advice, I will try that and give news about it afterwards.

Ask a Question