Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Plasma Tv Flex cable repair.

polican

Jul 1, 2015
Greetings

I have a Panasonic TH-42PX60U Plasma tv is experiencing a black band of no picture. After digging down into it i found the pictured slight damage to one of the flex cables that goes into the C1 board. The flex cable connector on the board had corresponding damage. I ordered a new C1 board, and after installing it and re-hooking up all my cables, the vertical black band is still there. The black band is smaller than this cables "part" of the screen, which makes me believe that only half of the picture this cable is handling is not getting through. After replacing the C1 board and still having the same picture problem, i believe the culprit is the Pictured small damage to two of the wires near the middle on this flex cable's end/ - where it plugs into the c1 board.

The cable itself is built into the plasma display, so replacing it is not an option. Is there anyway for me to repair the signal / connection that's caused by this? Is this even the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Parker

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 160

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
What I'm seeing in your photo is damage to the circuit 'trace'.
Kits are commercailly available for circuit trace repair.
I suggest buying one of the commercially available nickel or silver flake particle liquids, I think they're called 'nickle-kote' or 'silver-kote',
The ones I used to use were made by GC Electronics, and a lot of electronics suppliers carried them last time I used them.
They're basically a clear laquer-type solution with particles of nickel or silver suspended in them. You brush them on and let them dry,
and they 'repaired' by replacing the damaged circuit trace with a conductive path.
If your connector is also damaged, that's another issue that would have to be dealt with differently.
"PACE" makes a large number of actual circuit trace repair kits that supply lengths of conductive trace that you epoxy to the board to replaced damaged trace.
Let us know if this information is of any help, or if you require something more specific.