Connect with us

pir motion sensor

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by gurjant.sandhu33, Mar 15, 2014.

1. gurjant.sandhu33

gurjant.sandhu33

Dec 10, 2013
    once the pir motion sensor is triggered it takes a while to go back to its off state. is there any way to reduce that time.
    my pir sensor module is HC-SR501

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    According to the description this sensor has an adjustable delay using a potentiometer.

3. gurjant.sandhu33

gurjant.sandhu33

Dec 10, 2013
    yes, but the least delay is of 5 sec

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    not without some circuit modification
    for that a circuit diagram of the unit would be needed
    or at bare minimum, some really good photos of both sides of the circuit board so the circuit mite be traced and existing component values read

or .... have you considered contacting the manufacturer for any information ?

Dave

5. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    Not really..... not without modification of the ir sensor/pcb

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    It's always worth reading the datasheet.

The resistor connected to pin 3 is what you need to look at. However both Tx and Ti may need t be altered. You may not need to alter the PCB, but you may well have to change the value of some components.

I haven't looked in great depth, but beware of the use of very low value resistors. If you need less than maybe 1k, reduce the capacitor value instead.

7. gurjant.sandhu33

gurjant.sandhu33

Dec 10, 2013
    ok, i will try your suggestions

Ask a Question