Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer SX-1000TW main speaker output problem

Bad-Habit

Dec 5, 2014
Hello, this is my first time posting so excuse me if I'm not following proper procedure. I also own a Pioneer sx-1000tw and when I am using the main speaker outputs, the right channel is lacking in both tone and volume. I switched to the extra speaker outputs and both channels sound fantastic. Any idea what could be causing this?

Also, do you have any suggestions for restoring or upgrading components? Any help will be appreciated beyond belief.

Thank you.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point :)

I've moved your question to a new thread.

The circuitry between the amplifier output and the speaker connectors just consists of the rotary switch. So if one set of speaker connectors is good but the other isn't, the problem must be within the switch, or the connections to it. Start by checking the soldering on the switch. Try tapping the switch, as there may be dirt in there that's preventing proper contact. Spray contact cleaner in the front wafer (the front wafer is for the right channel output switch, according to the schematic).

That switch also switches the power, so unplug the unit while you're working on it.

If the switch is faulty, a suitable replacement will probably be available. It seems to be a pretty standard 3-pole 5-position rotary switch, but you'll have to measure the angle between positions so the new switch matches the front panel markings. Also, you might be able to fix the old switch by cleaning it, if you want to try that.