Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer Spec 4 Amplifier part substitutions

mrmodify

Feb 13, 2010
Hi all,

I have a Spec 4 amp that has fried the left channel. I can go in and test parts and find what the problem is but I don't trust myself on part substitutions

I have contacted Mouser to try to find cross-references on the parts I will be needing. They had very few replacements. I have crossed all my parts to NTE which I have never had a problem with but I have read that they are not a very good option to use. I also have found my parts on EBay but I don't want to use that option either. I think Ebay would be worse than NTE.

So I am asking if there is anyone out there who has substituted parts list for a amplifier section of a Spec 1 amp?

If I do not have to have matching pairs or as the manual says certain parts should have the same Hfe then all I will need is the following parts.

I am needing Q3 & 4 - 2SB554, Q6 - 2SA733-Q, Q8 - 2SC1904A-V, Q9 - 2SA899A-V, Q11 - 2SB628A-R, Q13 - 2SC945A-Q, & D@ & 3 - SV-04.
I would really like to get this old girl up and going again if possible.

Thanks
John

mrmodify

Feb 13, 2010
Thanks Whonoes & 73's de Edd,

I did find a couple of transistor in the cross that is a big help, And Mouser contacted me today with the exact same outputs Mr. 73's de Edd posted.

Thanks Men