Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer PD-M423 cd player stops playing

cherubino

May 28, 2016
Hi guys, new here. I have a Pioneer PD-M423 cd player that stops playing if it gets bumped or anything like that. If you shake it a little bit then it will straighten out and work like it suppose to. Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong with it. It was hardly every used and it hasn't been used in 12 years till now.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
The carriages for those are suspended/isolated from outside physical shock with little 'rubber-baby-bumper-button'
type 'shock absorbers'. Take a look for any worn/deteriorated isolation devices that are not keeping physical vibration away from the CD.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm sure they can be. Usually OEM's (original equipment manufacturers) only support their model of each product
for a limited number of years. If your model is still supported on the Pioneer website, look there. If not, I have little
doubt that someone carries some acceptable 'after market' equivalent. Find-out if those isolation pads are bad or missing, find-out what Pioneer titled them from their equipment documentation, and Google for them if you can't get
them from Pioneer.