Connect with us

Piezo sensor circuit

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by Rixen, Aug 1, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. BrianRD

BrianRD

Sep 5, 2016
    Ak, thanks very much for these circuits. I would like to try and adapt the first one for a very specific project. I want to be able to detect, with high sensitivity, when a solid object (a croquet ball) hits a wooden upright peg. I have tried using a 555 timer chip with a sensitive switch but it works it lacks the sensitivity I need and it takes up too much room because of the relay etc.
    Would it be possible to adapt your first circuit to do the following -
    1) run with a 9 volt battery
    2) light a 6 volt LED strip for a controlled length of time.
    I have limited electronics experience so would welcome details of any component changes you would suggest.
    3) I planned to use the Minisence 100 transducer
    http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?site=us&lang=en&Keywords=MSP6915-ND
    Happy to provide more details and also use your second circuit if you think it would be better.
    BRD

2. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
    Not the easiest sensor in the world to interface to. A typical interface circuit would be a nice starting point, but the data sheet doesn't have one. Other than that, not at all difficult. What is the current through the LED string, and lit up for how long?

ak

3. BrianRD

BrianRD

Sep 5, 2016
    I am happy to change the transducer in line with those described above in this thread. Not sure about the Led current but it must be small, the work off a standard 9 volt battery. I would have thought in the order of 50mA.
    I would like the Led strip to light for 5-10 seconds.
    BRD

4. BrianRD

BrianRD

Sep 5, 2016
    Hi AK
    I have managed to work out that the LED strip draws 83 mA when using a 9 volt battery.
    Could you advise if I need to alter any of the components in circuit 1. Many thanks for your help.
    BRD

Ask a Question