Connect with us

Pics?

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions & Feedback' started by ICGengineerTech, Oct 1, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ICGengineerTech

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
    I have read Steve's article "Attaching images". After reading the article I was left with a question that I thought I ask here.

Is there a place we can upload and store/brows pictures? Is the "attach and link" method the only way to both store pictures on Electronics Point and still have them displayed in the body of the post?

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    attaching by doing the upload to the forum method is the only way to "store' the images on the Electronics Point site. This is the preferred method
    linking doesnt as it links to some other site eg flicker ...photobucket
    which is not recommended as if that site goes down, or if the users account expires then the linked pix disappear and you end up with a loss of pix for future reference

Dave

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    There's not a central repository or anything like that, each image has to be uploaded to a post/thread somewhere. You can however, link to the image again from a previous post if you copy the URL.

As Dave said in the post just above, if you store images off-site from Electronics Point, it means that the images may disappear at some point in the future (if links change or the hosting site goes down). If they are uploaded to a post on here, they'll remain there :).

4. ICGengineerTech

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
    So you would have to keep your own records as to what link went with what picture or go back to that message and get the link. I'll have to start doing it this way. I totally understand that linked pictures often go away for all those reasons you two mentioned. Thanks so much.

5. ICGengineerTech

ICGengineerTech

Aug 15, 2012
    My only hang up was resizing my pictures. The computers I am usually on don't work so fast and aren't ideal for resizing pictures. I found this cool site (there are many) that resizes my pics for me. Now that I have this web option to resize my images I'll be using the attach and link method to insert all my pictures from now on. Thanks again for the help.
    Picture Re-sizer Website

Ask a Question