Connect with us

PIc microcontrollers....

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Cactusface, Jul 1, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Cactusface

Cactusface

Jul 1, 2010
    Hi Folks,
    I am new here, look my first post. Just a few general bits. Some years ago I took up PIC programing, mostly with Practical electronics Mag, used Tasm assembler, and some strange parallel programmer. But has the chips got better and more complicated I lost the will to live and gave up....

Spent some years model building, but last year I discovered PicAxe micro controllers, and now I'm back into programing and electronics in general. It's so easy! true their not as fast as normal Pic's. But it does take a lot of the complicated stuff out. The basic programming language is easy but has many powerful commands. The programming kit is just a serial/USB cable, a stereo socket and two R's... All programming software is free, inc simulator, wizards, etc...

My first project was a PicTestBed to test both hardware and code (the idea was to make adaptors for the different sized PIC's but not got around to it yet!!)! I am now on my second BuggyBot this uses UltraSonics to see where it's going and avoid hitting things, it even looks left and right and goes for the clearest run. :cool:

For those interested here's a picture and some code, hope to add more of this to the website soon. Comments and rude remarks welcome..
    Regards
    Mel aka Cactusface

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Some very good points there Cactusface. I point people to PicAxe chips for the same reasons that you found them suitable. They're easy and do a lot of what you need them to do :)

3. jackorocko

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
    I think the ability of the picaxe to be programmed using flowcharts is also another exceptional feature. Not everyone is a programmer, but you don't need to be to understand a flowchart.

Ask a Question