Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PIC guidance needed

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
Thanks for good will :)

I dont have anything to program, this one i buy to learn how to program, guess ill have to learn not to buy ebay crap from china :(

Im using 12F509

As far as i snoop around every chip has its own program code, and on some way is
different.
Any tips how to overcome C language ?

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
12F509 -- a great little chip to learn on. I have lots of them. In fact, I didn't even use the 12F683 until last year. Are you using the through hole version (I assume yes)?

Can't help you with C, I use only MPASM. But, I can easily put the hex file on it for you, if you are sure it will work. Are you in a country where the US Postal Service will allow me to send things like microchips?

My best advice, however, is to get your programmer to work. Somewhere early in the program you should be able to specify the chip and its voltage. With Microchip programmers, once you specify the chip, it often asks you to download the current software for it.

John

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
I can read the chip even if bring up the board message,
i can verify as well. but cant program it, i get error of some kind.
Its 1AM here, going to bed but tomorrow ill searching the web for that
error stuff so that i can fix my programmer for learning.

In croatia you can send everything aslong as they can charge it XD

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
Good night.

Please keep us updated. As a last resort,I have no problem sending you an international mail with a single chip in it. The SOIC version would be even easier to send.

John

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
Good night.

Please keep us updated. As a last resort,I have no problem sending you an international mail with a single chip in it. The SOIC version would be even easier to send.

John

Will do, hope someone get some help with it :D

Anyways, something cross my mind.
in software folder i get K150.hex file is there any possibility that i need
to program chip on the programmer before i can use it, maybe thats the
reason for not see the board ?

And is there anyway that it can be found from hex file for what chip is it made for ?

jpanhalt

Nov 12, 2013
It would seem strange, if you had to use a pre-programmed chip to then use ICSP. That is certainly not the case with either PicKit 3 or ICD3 from Microchip. Either will recognize a chip fresh from the manufacturer.

A bootloader situation would be different, but ICSP doesn't use a bootloader.

You do have to be sure there is power to the chip and proper isolation from the rest of the circuit. If you put your chip by itself on a breadboard, that should not be an issue. With PK3 and ICD3, you do have to specify whether the programmer supplies the power (Vdd) to the "target" (i.e., chip).

John

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
E write wrong.
It has two different files.
epk150.hex and chipdata.cid

what is that chipdata.cid for ?
on programmer i have 2 microcontroller.
and i have two files maybe its somekind of connection.
Or maybe im just guessing

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
This comment i found on the some youtube video.

patrick fernandez commented
This programmer is ok. You just need to update the firmware (program a new 16F628 chip) and replace the one that comes with the kit since it is no longer compatible with the programmer software from the net.
Luckily I have a spare 16F628 chip so I programmed it using the epk150.hex file from the DIY pack 25. I used the programmer itself and just ignored the reset error. With the updated chip, the software will now recognize the programmer and show the K150 board message (no more reset error).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMDGgR2KdxhCiM3ZFk61ouw
source

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
Is that 16F628 reprogrammable?
Or once i program theres not return ?

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Is that 16F628 reprogrammable? Or once i program theres not return ?
It's a Flash reprogrammable device. You can erase/reprogram it many times using a device programmer. You can't return it to the store or the manufacturer though.

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
OK, thanks.
Ill try buy and reprogramm it using that K150 programer

nges

Feb 21, 2014
yes its possible, but the question is what crosses the the obstaclel, is it the motor itself or something else, what kind of motor are you talking about because from your description one might think that its a car???

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
yes its possible, but the question is what crosses the the obstaclel, is it the motor itself or something else, what kind of motor are you talking about because from your description one might think that its a car???

For now i dont have any motor. Was just asking. First i need to learn C programming
then ill make some frankestein project :D

I was wondering what are those number in red circle for ?

Attachments

• what is this.jpg
    what is this.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 147