Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Photoresistor Issue In Water Filter

Johnson007

May 20, 2017
Guys i have 2 UV water filter of same model . one had stopped working so i opened it up and found a photoresistor i believe was faulty so i removed the photoresistor and shorted the wire together and it started functioning again...so i am sure of the culprit... I believe it job was to keep a check on the uv light if it is blown or not.
i replace it with a new photoresistor that i had & when i check the terminal with the switch on .It showed 1k ohms ..so i believe it is not allowing the current to flow.

and on my other filter which is functioning properly it shows 0 ohms on on state.

I have no idea if photoresistors has values to it (like transistor & resistor has) & why this photoresistor has metal casing to it.

To understand the problem better can look at the screenshot attached.
Any push in proper direction would be helpful.

Attached it the picture of the photoresistors .

Attachments

• ups.jpg
    ups.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20170521_020542.jpg
    IMG_20170521_020542.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
i replace it with a new photoresistor that i had & when i check the terminal with the switch on .It showed 1k ohms ..so i believe it is not allowing the current to flow.

and on my other filter which is functioning properly it shows 0 ohms on on state.
I hope you mean you measure the ldr out of circuit? Zero does not sound right, 1k0 does.

Graham

Nov 10, 2009
If you are measuring the resistance between the two legs of the LDR while it is still soldered into the circuit board, then you are just finding the path of least resistance through the circuit as a whole, which is not necessarily through the LDR - if that is the case, then that might explain the zero ohms reading on your working circuit.
However, if you disconnected the working one before comparing it with the new one (or even connected the new one into the circuit ) i.e. you are actually comparing apples with apples, then the fact you have different readings would tend to point at something being wrong still.