Maker Pro
Maker Pro

phones

Deigh

Apr 26, 2011
A few months ago I had to purchase a new phone to use the new frequencies allocated by the government. I purchased a Samsung and had a lot of trouble getting used to it. It costs twice as much to run as my previous unit but that is a crafty move by the ISP people to make more money.

Have now had the phone a few months and got used to its characteristics. A phone call in is heralded with a favourite jazz band and a text in plays 'Shake it'. Now finding it completely indispensible! When fishing Lake Rerewhakaiitu in my little rubber ducky ( A favourite occupation of mine!) I carry a marine radio handset in case of trouble. Since I rarely get any replies to a call it shows that it is pretty useless if I'm the only one on the lake with a fm radio.

I now carry my phone, I can text to my wife on shore demanding flasks of tea or telling her when I've caught something.
I could phone her if I should get into trouble and hope she can find someone to come and rescue me.
I have a built in camera for those great occasions when a picture or video is needed.
I have a FM radio for listening to local music.
I have a stack of jazz CD recordings for when I'm fed up with local reception.
I have a GPS that I could use to get home if fog came down.
I have a torch if darkness suddenly envelops me.
I can voice record any great ideas that suddenly hit me.
Back on land I can use my computer on internet using the phone as an connection.
The whole lot slips into my fishing jacket pocket, easily reached and it is pretty safe from being dropped into the water
If only there was an app for a fish finder my life would be complete!

Deigh (NZ)

Attachments

• Ducky Grurzlet..jpg
    Ducky Grurzlet..jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 84