Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Philips 42" 42PF7320A

jackiechevy3

Mar 25, 2010
The TV screen is black when turned on. There are no cracks to the screen, no broken glass everything is fine. It turns on but screen stays black, sounds works, and images come and go really dark images like the lighting is completely gone.

Any idea if this is even worth fixing and if the parts are accessible? I dont want to dish out a ton of money, or hoping its an easy fix.

Going crazy without my tv.
Someone help a woman out :D
Thanks!

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
You likely have a dead backlight.

If you know what you are doing, or are willing and able to learn, and have the skills and tools, it MIGHT be possible to repair it by yourself.

I have no idea what a repair shop is going to charge to look at it or to fix it. That is highly dependent upon where in the world you are located.

---55p

jackiechevy3

Mar 25, 2010
Thank you for your reply. I live in Massachusetts. I am just curious if its even worth fixing. If its a pretty simple thing and straight forward and I could purchase the part, I would be willing to take the risk to replace it myself. I just wanted to get some input to see if the parts are even available or where to purchase them.
Thanks again.
Jackie

jerryg50

Apr 18, 2010
The TV screen is black when turned on. There are no cracks to the screen, no broken glass everything is fine. It turns on but screen stays black, sounds works, and images come and go really dark images like the lighting is completely gone.

Any idea if this is even worth fixing and if the parts are accessible? I dont want to dish out a ton of money, or hoping its an easy fix.

Going crazy without my tv.
Someone help a woman out :D
Thanks!

A common cause from your description, could be the back-plane lights and their respective power supply must be replaced. This should be done by an experienced TV service tech. The best is to contact the manufacture service support to find out the details about how to have the set safely and properly serviced.

Not all LCD panels can have their back-plane lamps changed. This depends on the particular design. In most cases, it is an involved disassemble and re-assemble job to replace these lamps when possible.

Jerry G.