Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Philips 40PFL3008T wont turn on

Jking76

Feb 19, 2019
Model:40PFL3008T
Brand: Philips
Tv was working fine until i decided to update its software... I downloaded the software and unzipped it unto a thumb drive.. I turned the tv off with the remote and unplugged it from the wall. I inserted the thumb drive, pressed and held ok..while turning on the tv and nothing happened… now my tv wont turn back on.. I have unplugged it from the wall over 32 hours..Tv still wont turn on not even the standby light

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I have unplugged it from the wall over 32 hours
You need to plug it back into the wall outlet.
Just joking :)
Can you verify the wall outlet is o.k. (plug in another device, see whetherit works). There is an admittedly small chance the outlet doesn't work which may have been caused by unplugging the TV.
You may also try another power cord and another outlet known to be working with the TV to exclude any chance that the issue is external to the TV.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Is there any chance the firmware update portion of the new firmware is viable, that if you repeat the update process with the old firmware (whatever you can find if all else fails) it might be able to downgrade back to that?

However not having the standby light on seems fishy. Before I threw it away or paid someone to try to fix it, I'd pop it open and inspect for bad capacitors on the PSU board. "Rarely" you might have a bad cap and the device was soon to fail anyway, but once you remove power and it cools down, the cap is too far gone to keep the circuit stable.

What is the age (and/or running hours) of the TV? On many models it is just a matter of time till they suffer capacitor failure, often in a single-digit # of years. Last TV I recapped was only 2 years old at the time, but probably ran 10 hours/day.

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Thread moved to troubleshooting and repair section