Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pfaff 1471 sewing machine problem

Lorraine

Apr 7, 2017
I have a pfaff 1471 sewing machine with a power problem. When I plug in the the machine and power up sometimes a couple lights (single pattern button and pattern mirroring) are on, and nothing in the display panel. The machine will not work. Then after letting it sit for some time or cycling many times on and off it works with the numbers 0 0 (straight stitch) on the left side of the display and stitch length on.
Please help.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Control electronics . . . . how long since you have changed the memory batteries ?

Lorraine

Apr 7, 2017
This was done when it was serviced. First time in 20 years & they were starting to corrode the tec said. Shows you how much I used it. It worked fine till I took it in???? I put the switch on this morning & the same thing happens. I left it on for a while tried the switch off & on & nothing. I unplugged & plugged it back in & it works.

Lorraine

Apr 7, 2017
Thank you for your response. The machine works off & on again. Will work sometime when switched on & off. Other times pulling the electrical cord & plugging it in. Sometimes if I just leave it for an hour of so it will reset to the straight stitch. It always comes on with the pattern mirroring or single pattern light on or both & no power.