Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PDF file convert to Gerber.

ges4ever

Dec 9, 2015
Hi everyone, does anyone have a reliable way of converting a printed circuit board design in pdf format to the industry standard "Gerber" format??

I no longer have the original files as the company that designed the circuit no longer exists, and all the companies I have approached want to charge me a small fortune to re-design the circuit. I've come across software that states it can perform this task but so far its been unsuccessful.

Any feedback would be appreciated...

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi everyone, does anyone have a reliable way of converting a printed circuit board design in pdf format to the industry standard "Gerber" format??

I no longer have the original files as the company that designed the circuit no longer exists, and all the companies I have approached want to charge me a small fortune to re-design the circuit. I've come across software that states it can perform this task but so far its been unsuccessful.

Any feedback would be appreciated...
This depends on the PDF to an extensive degree...
Some PDFs will store the shapes as vectors which will make this easy... but if it's stored as an image... it's the equivalent of a jpg or png. Images are much harder to convert, and the applications that do this work with 'edge detection' to try to convert back to vectors.
You can also find PDF to DXF converters . Of course, they work on the same principle.
If you can't find a converter, it's time to redraw it. If it's to expensive to get done, then do it yourself ;)

pusur44017

Nov 16, 2015
I'm not promising anything and all that but sometimes I have luck finding stuff. If you post some details along with the pdf file I can see what I can dig up about it.

-pusur