Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PCB procurement in China,

cmazet

Jan 4, 2011
Hello, my name is Christopher, I have worked in China for 6 years now. I do PCB procurement for European and US EMS companies.
Any question abut PCB manufacturing in China, please just ask me,

Your friend in China,

Christopher,

Last edited by a moderator:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
cmazet, here is your one chance. Don't spam us.

You've been told.

Having said that, I personally have no objection to you being here, and I would love some questions answered about procurement of PCBs from China. However you would need to do it in a way that does not look like advertising.

That means you can answer any question you're asked, and I have no problems with you referring to the services your company provides if they are relevant to the question.

However you must refrain from advertising, gratuitously inserting links, or doing anything else that infuriates the moderators.

Perhaps you can answer some questions for me...

If I wanted some small PCB's (say 1.5cm x 1.5cm), how easy is it to order them with score marks on a larger panel? What file formats are required, and what software do you recommend? Is there a particular size panel that is either standard, or provides the best value? What assistance do you offer for people ordering PCBs for the first time? (links to any guidelines or specifications your company provides would be relevant here).

cmazet

Jan 4, 2011
For

Thank you Steve for this opportunity to tell a bit more about what we do here in China, and how we procced.

Customer can send us the Gerber file, our engineer will do an economical panel size. Every case is carefully evaluated one by one. This is of course provided as a free service.
So your case of &,5by 1,5 need to be studied more in details in order to come up with the best solution. Your acceptance or not of X-out has also a definitive impact on the panel size solution.

About the file format, we need RS-274-X file if possible and we use Cam350 most of the time.

For complete quote, we need the Gerber file and the PCB spec (Laminate, PCB thickness, Cu thickness, Finishing (rohs or non-rohs)).
The quote takes from a few hours to 2 or 3 days for the most difficult case and to make sure we bring you the most competitive solution.

After quote is accepted, and before manufacturing, we need to go through the Technical Question process (TQ). Our engineers double check the data in details to prepare the working Gerber. And they make sure there is no misunderstanding. Everything that is not 100% clear is put in the TQ list. Also most of the time our TQ is more like a multiple choice question as we provide you with different alternatives, to make your answer easier.

Then when TQ are solved, we start your samples.

Our quote indicates the production leadtime starting from the day the TQ have been solved.

Also we provide out going inspection report (micro section etc) for samples and mass production. And we provide factory audit report on request. All this at no extra charge. Also you are always welcome here for your own audit, and you can be sure to have our warm welcome and strong support in factory.

We hope to meet some of you guys in real if you come in Dongguan China.

Christopher,
www.dongguan-pcb.com

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Many of us here are into hobby rather than commercial production electronics.

My impression that the costs to produce a small number of boards are likely to be fairly high. How do people usually go about getting prototypes produced?

I also note that RS Components is currently linking to some free PCB design software. Do any of your customers use DesignSpark PCB? If so, have you found it to produce output that is easy for you to deal with?

I was in China last year, but only in Shenzhen. Perhaps I'll make it to Dongguan next time :)

Maybe we can have an "Electronics Point Electronics tour of China" :D

cmazet

Jan 4, 2011
Prototypes,

Prototype are order below 4 square meters.
Price is usually between 500 and 1000 usd. A bit expansive for a hobby...
This price is given as a package price that includes the tooling, and the etest. A difference with mass production is that tooling can only be used one time. That is why it is not quoted separately. For mass production, you can re-use your tooling on next order, and then save money. Also prototype is much faster, from 2 to 3 days usually to manufacture. Then shipped by express courier like Fedex or DHL...
About Design Spark, I have to say I am not familiar with that name. I got to ask to our engineering team...
Dongguan is interesting because it is the real heart of the electronic manufacturing in China.
Shenzhen has become an office city for white collars now. So the production is here, in Dongguan. The next move seems to move production to other provinces like Sichuan with lower labor cost, like Foxconn is doing...

Christopher
www.dongguan-pcb.com

huahua1025

Aug 8, 2011
I am Lisa from Posin Electronics Ltd in shenzhen china, we specialized in manufacturing PCB&FPC for 7 years.
We insure that we can provide goods with low price, high quality and best service.

Below is our PCB capacity for your reference:
1. Layer 1~32 layers

2. Board thickness: 0.20mm-5.00mm (PCB & FPC & RIGID + FIEX )

3. Min line width/space of outer layer : 0.0762mm

4. Min line width/space of inner layer : 0.0762mmsfsdsfsd

5. Max size : 500mm*800mm

6. Min hole dia. : 0.2mm (normal) ,0.10mm(laser drilling)

7. Max copper thickness : 6 oz

8. Base Materials :( Normal/High TG) FR-4, CEM-3, PTFE Aluminum Base, Rogers, etc

9. Surface finishing : HASL, HASL Lead Free, Golden finger, Immersion Gold, Immersion Silver, Immersion Tin, OSP/Entek

Email: [email protected] Website: www.Posinpcb.com