Connect with us

PCB gerber changes

Discussion in 'PCB Layout, Design and Manufacture' started by philip gordon, Aug 27, 2015.

1. philip gordon

philip gordon

Aug 27, 2015
    I use EasyPC number one systems software, My customer wants some changes made to a board which was designed in Proteus. I dont want to buy another design package. So....... Does anyone know how i can convert the .TXT gerber generated by by Proteus to normal standard .gbr used by EasyPC.
    or....
    Can someone help us out with a copy of Proteus.

kind regards

Philip Gordon GN Systems Bolton

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    rename it .gbr?

3. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Hello Philip

How large is the PCB? Could you use a demo licence? Does the customer have the Software you could borrow? Or was it designed by another contractor? A lot of good PCB design packages have translators so you covert from one PCB package to another, does EasyPC have this? I guess you already looked at this.

Thanks
    Adam

4. philip gordon

philip gordon

Aug 27, 2015
    So where i'm up to, I did manage to import it by re-saving it as Gerber but trying to change anything almost crashes my computer. The imported ground plane is drawn as individual track instead of a nice pour. I think i'll delete the ground plane and see if it speeds up the process. Thanks for your advice gents.

5. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    What Gerber software are you using?
    Adam

6. philip gordon

philip gordon

Aug 27, 2015
    Easy Pc has a gerber import feature

7. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Oh Ok that's quite handy.
    Adam

8. philip gordon

philip gordon

Aug 27, 2015
    Does anyone have a copy of proteus I could borrow for a week ?

9. Arouse1973

Arouse1973 Adam

Dec 18, 2013
    Hi Philip.
    sorry not me, used to use it 20 years ago but not anymore. They use it a lot at schools and universities because it is cheap. Do you know any students? They might have a copy. Check ebay someone might be selling a cheaper copy.

I guess you didnt have much luck with gerber software then.

Adam

10. philip gordon

philip gordon

Aug 27, 2015
    cheers Adam,

No not the best, managed to import but trying to modify it seems to cause the software to borderline crash all the time .

O well where's there's a will ......

Ask a Question