Connect with us

Parts ID

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by lightman, Nov 21, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. lightman

lightman

Nov 6, 2015
    hi fellas following on form my ir led light post I need help with ID of two parts the square black thing in the middle of the pic I think its a DC to DC booster also need to know what the two blue things are are they some sort of dimmer ? thanks for any help

[​IMG]

2. bigone5500

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
    Take a closer photo and try to get any part numbers in there as well. I'll take an off the wall guess that they are switches!!! But maybe they are pots... I dunno. Can you rotate the white knobs? Do they make a clicking sound at one extreme?

3. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    How many legs does a blue thing have?

4. lightman

lightman

Nov 6, 2015
    looks like four I can not get a better pic sorry its an ir light some one was putting together

5. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    With 4 legs it could be a switch, or a pot with a switch. Can you feel detents when you rotate the shaft?
    If it's a pot it will have some numbers marked on it. Tell us what they are.

Ask a Question