Connect with us

Part Identification SIGNAL H-1278 0822 & UMEC UT14015

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by tomasz.scislowski, Mar 30, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tomasz.scislowski

tomasz.scislowski

Mar 30, 2010
    Hello guys,

Can someone help me with identifying this part ?

[​IMG]

It is suppose to convert incoming 100 ohm video from a CAT5e into 75 ohm video for analog input into a DVR.

Does anyone also know where this part can be purchased ? I tried Digikey and they do not stock this part nor do they work with this manufacturer.

http://www.umec.com.tw/downloadfilemagnetci.php?id=1564

Any idea for a comparable parts to replace these ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You probably realise its a transformer.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to find out if they will send you samples, or indicate a company that will sell you small quantities?

3. tomasz.scislowski

tomasz.scislowski

Mar 30, 2010
    I realize the part in the .pdf is a transformer, I am not sure about the one on the pcb.

I have not tried contacting UMEC since it seems they do business overseas. I was looking to purchase them locally.

4. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    We do not know what "local" is for you. For all we know Taiwan could be local.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to repair the board? Are you looking to make a replacement? Is it because you can not buy it or because you believe you can do it cheaper?

The part in the PDF file is not the part in the picture. How did you choose that part?

---55p

5. tomasz.scislowski

tomasz.scislowski

Mar 30, 2010
    When I said local I meant the U.S.A., I didn't realize we had such a great variety of people on the forums.

Basically we have that entire board made for us currently, it takes 4 analog camera inputs from a CAT5e and changes it back to analog and send its down the 15pin connector.

The board is currently costing us 60$ to produce at a manufacturer.

I am looking into having someone else manufacture it for us but everyone is telling me that I need to provide a component list for a quote.

The pcb board costs about 1$ each to make, even less, and the termination block and 15 pin connector is about 4$, so all I have left is the last missing piece.

The attached picture is what we currently have manufactured.

The pdf contains a component which I found in a balun that I took apart that is not manufactured directly for us but is store purchased.

Thanks again for your help.

6. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    If you paid a company to design it for you then you own the design. You should ask the company to provide the full bill of materials and take it elsewhere to manufacture if you feel that you can do better.

If the company designed it specifically for you but did not charge you for the design, then they own the design. In that case, what you are doing is stealing.

Assuming it is the former, it is not automatically the case that you are being over-charged. If the transformer is a custom part, it could easily run you over $20 in small quantities. There are different kinds of DB connectors, from tin plated to 30 micron gold plated pins. The high end ones can run over $10 even in 100 piece quantities.

Are they 100% testing the boards? Just continuity testing or actual impedance testing? Just low current continuity testing or high current testing that would reveal faults? Are they thermal cycling the boards to get marginal solder joints to fail?

I am not saying that they are doing any of this or that you really need any or all of this, but there is a lot that can legitimately be done that will make the $60 price sound like a bargain.

Finally, are you buying only 5 boards at a time with no commitment for future sales or are you placing large orders?

---55p

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010

8. 55pilot

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome to the reality; we in the USA are a minority. We are not the only game in town. We are not even the majority, not that that stops us from acting that way.

That said, before you dig up my old posts and slap me in the face with it, I will admit it: I too made that assumption in one of my early posts. So you are in good company there.

---55p

Ask a Question