Connect with us

Part ID

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Randy Day, Jan 26, 2008.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Randy Day

    Randy Day Guest

    I pulled an old part out of the junk
    drawer, and I'd like to find some info
    on it.

    I seem to recall it being a Hall Effect
    sensor, but I could be wrong. It's
    similar to a TO-92 transistor, but
    both faces are flat.The markings are:

    244 (2) <- small '2' in a circle

    Does this ring a bell with anyone?
  2. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

  3. Mark Zenier

    Mark Zenier Guest

    Circle-2 is an old Sprague Logo, so it probably is a hall effect sensor.
    But their part numbers were something like UGN-3xxx or UGS-3xxx. They had
    both analog and digital (built in schmitt trigger amp) output types.

    Mark Zenier
    Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day