Connect with us

Panel meters.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by sureshot, Jun 4, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. sureshot

sureshot

Jul 7, 2012
    Hello. I have a problem using panel meters, i plan on using an amp meter 0-3 amps full scale deflection, internal resistance is 20m ohms, the volt meter is 0-15 volts and the internal resistance is 15k, can anyone tell me if the meters need shunt and multiplier ? or is the internal resistance ok for reading of the meters face value reading from 0 to full value.

Thanks if anyone can help with this issue, i really don't won't to destroy any meters movement.

Thanks. :)

2. alfa88

alfa88

Dec 1, 2010
    If you bought the meters that were specifically specified for said ranges they should already be set up.

3. sureshot

sureshot

Jul 7, 2012
    Thanks alfa88. So if the meter internal resistances are for the range intended then would i be right in thinking the amp meter will go in series with the load to be, and the volt meter in parallel with + - volts respectively, that's if i've got it right, thanks for your help. :)

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    yup thats correct :)

Dave

5. sureshot

sureshot

Jul 7, 2012
    Many thanks guys for your help, much appreciated. ;)

Ask a Question