Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PANASONIC KX-TG2570 - 2.4 GHz Cordless Answering System - My handset display says "Out of Range"

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Hi,

I used to have the same phone before, and it worked for years without any problem.

At the time I bought several identical systems, and kept them in a dry place.

I just unpacked a NEW box (so NEW phone), to replace the old one.

I've fully charged the battery, as mentioned in the user's manual, for min. seven (7) hours.

The base unit gives me a dial-tone, however, when I want to make phone call, I don't get any dial tone at all, and on the handset's display it says "Out of Range"

I've put the handset back in the base and tried several more times, but, nothing.......:(:(:(

Does someone identify or recognize this issue/problem, and can you help ?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,

I used to have the same phone before, and it worked for years without any problem.

At the time I bought several identical systems, and kept them in a dry place.

I just unpacked a NEW box (so NEW phone), to replace the old one.

I've fully charged the battery, as mentioned in the user's manual, for min. seven (7) hours.

The base unit gives me a dial-tone, however, when I want to make phone call, I don't get any dial tone at all, and on the handset's display it says "Out of Range"

I've put the handset back in the base and tried several more times, but, nothing.......:(:(:(

Does someone identify or recognize this issue/problem, and can you help ?
Did you unbox a new 'Base Unit' as well, or just a new handset?
Did you follow the instructions to pair the handset with the base unit?
When you state you get 'no dial tone', is this only on a handset? (If you checked the base unit when this happens, is there still a dial tone?)

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Did you unbox a new 'Base Unit' as well, or just a new handset?
Did you follow the instructions to pair the handset with the base unit?
When you state you get 'no dial tone', is this only on a handset? (If you checked the base unit when this happens, is there still a dial tone?)

Hi,
Thx for your prompt reply ! I Appreciate it
YES, base unit and handset are new from box
Actually, I don't recall reading anything about PARING ? I am not sure it is mentioned in the manual, however, I will check. In the meantime, would you happen to know how paring for this phone or unit is done ? Just in case I don't find it in the manual.

Yes, ONLY the handset has no dial tone. The base unit does

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,
Thx for your prompt reply ! I Appreciate it
YES, base unit and handset are new from box
Actually, I don't recall reading anything about PARING ? I am not sure it is mentioned in the manual, however, I will check. In the meantime, would you happen to know how paring for this phone or unit is done ? Just in case I don't find it in the manual.

Yes, ONLY the handset has no dial tone. The base unit does
It's been a number of years since I've dealt with Panasonic. I seem to recall having to press the talk button on the handset while it is charging in the base.
I may be mistaken, or this may only be required with the multi-handset units.
They should be pre-paired from the factory though... maybe you mistaking grabbed an unmatched Base / Handset from your stockpile?

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Hi,
No, Box was still closed. Never been opened before.

Nevertheless I'll try to press "talk button" while it's sitting and charging on the base

I will double-check in another box to see if that handset matches

Thx anyway

If I get it to operate again, after following your steps, I will inform you

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Hi,

Just tried pressing the talk button while charging in the base unit, but, that didn't help :(:(:(

However, I noticed that, while the handset is in the base unit, and i push sp (speakerphone) on the base unit, i get a dial tone from the base unit, and when picking up the handset (while hearing dial tone) the word "talk" shows on the handset's display, but, NO dial tone from the handset. Then 13 beeps from the handset, before it goes quiet !

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Does the manual tell you what 13 beeps signifies?

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Hi,

Just tried pressing the talk button while charging in the base unit, but, that didn't help :(:(:(

However, I noticed that, while the handset is in the base unit, and i push sp (speakerphone) on the base unit, i get a dial tone from the base unit, and when picking up the handset (while hearing dial tone) the word "talk" shows on the handset's display, but, NO dial tone from the handset. Then 13 beeps from the handset, before it goes quiet !

Does the manual tell you what 13 beeps signifies?

Hi,

Nope

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Hi.
Couldn't find anything in the owner's manual.

Just tried the locator button on the base. When pushing it, it beeps from the base, but, the handset.....nothing. This cannot work, as the handset indicates"out of range"

I'll check out that link

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
The link says "PAGE NOT FOUND"........?
From that page I linked said:
My handset display says "No Link to base"?

Disconnect the AC adaptor from the unit, wait for a minute, then reconnect. The plug may have become loose over time, or not fully inserted. If that does not work, try reregistering the handset, another handset may have deregistered this handset. (The supplied handset and base unit are pre-registered.)

1. On the handset press [MENU]
  2. Press the [▲] or the [▼] button to select "Initial setting" then press [OK].
  3. Press the [▲] or the [▼] button to select "Registration" then press [OK].
  4. Press the [▲] or the [▼] button to select "HS Registration" then press [OK].
  5. On the Base unit: Press and hold [LOCATOR] for approximately 5 seconds. (No registration tone) Note: If all registered handsets start ringing, press the same button to stop. Then repeat this step.
  6. The next step must be completed within 90 seconds. On the Handset: Press [OK], then wait until a long beep sounds.
Note: While registering, "Base in registering mode" is displayed on all registered handsets.

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
The problem is, that as soon as i press a button on the handset, it says OUT OF RANGE

Also, I don't have a MENU button on my handset

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
The problem is, that as soon as i press a button on the handset, it says OUT OF RANGE

Also, I don't have a MENU button on my handset
You may need to contact Panasonic then...
If the base unit or handset's radio was faulty, that could cause the same problem.
Are there any options or settings or something similar you can enter on the handset?

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
I think that's what I will do

Thanks a lot for your help though

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir MHZ . . . . . . .

Ohhhhhhhh Noooooooooo . . . .NOT the no - tory - us . . . . . Puny-sonic " out of range" syndrome !

This is being page 14 of 14:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-.../ref=cm_cr_getr_d_paging_btm_14?pageNumber=14

Hmmmmmm . . . . . . . I wonder what they got right on your FIRST unit ?

BTW . . . . . realizing that you probably never had to do it before . . . . .but, refer to "most honnable "
gio923 's comment about 5 down on the FIRST page, where, after once getting valid contact between the units.
Seems like you don't turn OFF the unit after your call, but just put it in the cradle and let it automatically time
out . . . . . . .Try anything in your dire situation . . . .or mail your old unit to him . . he . . .he.

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Sir 73's de Edd,

Strange, because I had exactly same one before, and always worked fine

I don't know what's wrong now... Especially that this one is new out of the box ???

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Could be, but, it was FULLY charged, and stays charged ?

Indeed, I could try with a brand new battery