Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic Bluray player turns off

adamb

May 24, 2011
Hello all,

I was wondering if you could pass on some of your superior knowledge to the likes of me regarding my Panasonic Blu-ray player. I bought it in September 2009 but have had problems ever since. It keeps turning itself off when we are watching a movie but it isn't regular about it, it seems to only do when we get to an intense part of the films.
I took it back to the shop that I bought it from but they couldn't find anything wrong with it... but it still persists. Can anyone help?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Maybe it gets scared?

More likely there's something in there that is getting too hot. Do you have sufficient free space around it for cooling? Check the manual, and try operating it somewhere where there is nothing restricting airflow to see if that makes a difference.

Dalek408

May 25, 2011
I used to have a Panasonic DVD player, The fan in the back failed, but by the time I found out, the little processor burnt up, I would try checking to make sure that works, because I had some odd things happen like that before mine died that were probably because things got to hot.

adamb

May 24, 2011
Thanks Steve and Dalek,

I moved the player onto a shelf by itself but it's turned off twice since doing so. Not sure what else to do but definitely won't be buying another Panasonic piece of kit.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Does it feel hot when it's operating? Is there a fan inside? Is it working?

adamb

May 24, 2011
It works fine for a while when it's on then it turns itself off. There is a fan inside and it doesn't feel hot when it works so I'm not sure if it does overheat. Maybe there's a short somewhere but I would've thought the repairmen would have picked that up when they tested it.