Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic blu-ray dvd assistance req'd

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I have my brother's Panasonic blu-ray dvd player here with a variety of faults, most of which I seem to have overcome.

Model is SA-BT207.

When first opened, it had an obvious power supply fault, couple of high voltage caps (820uf 400v and 6.8uf 400v) were bulged and leaking, the main input glass fuse on the input filter board had blown and also the onboard "solid state" fuse (1.6A) which is located on the main power board.

There are 2 bridge rectifiers, a small surface mount directly connected to the input main and a rather large through hole bridge driven via a small nearby relay controlled by a surface mount transistor. The small surface mount bridge rectifier had shorted, the larger one is ok.

There was also evidence that the MP2F2 chip had copped a surge wack and a nearby diode had cooked.

The 6.8uf, diode, and the MP2F2 chip are all adjacent to eachother and I imagined them to be used for the "start-up" supply.

After fixing the obvious, I powered the unit via a 150w floodlamp and cool, no sign of unit wanting to blow anymore fuses but no other action. Assuming some additional problem downstream, bridged the above-mentioned relay contacts temporarily and the cooling fan runs for maybe 2 seconds then drops off again. Repowering does the same but nothing to the front panel or elsewhere as far as I can see, 2 seconds being not enough time to test anything else under power.

There is a connector at the end of the main power board with an 11 wire ribbon leading to what appears to be a processor board and from there to all the front panel control boards. This 11 pin connector has a 3.3v and 5.0v supply to it so assuming I've fixed the power board at least as far as start-up is concerned. There is also an 8 pin connector from the power board leading to the rear input section down the bottom of the chassis.

Cannot find any reference to a schematic on the internet and wondered if anyone here had experience with these. It's an old unit (maybe 10 years or more)with rather a bit of upmarket gear with wireless speakers etc. and just seems a shame to bin it.

Thanks Jorgo

Attachments

• Main Power Board.JPG
    Main Power Board.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 55
  • BetterViewMp2F2.JPG
    BetterViewMp2F2.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Underside.JPG
    Underside.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 56

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
What damaged it in the first place? Incorrect mains voltage, lightning strike,...?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
No idea really Steve.
Brother went away and when he returned, shoved in a dvd of his holiday and nothing.
I suspect maybe the MIP2F2 controller or the diode went bad or maybe even the electrolytic caps I removed.
Was a rather wide spread bit of damage really.

Just found some bloke in the Netherlands with a range of schematics on Ebay for a few bucks and asked him to send same. Should make life a bit easier. Eyes are starting to bulge from staring at the board traces via magnifier trying to track where things go.
Cheers Jorgo

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Schematics arrived a few hours later and I'll take it from there for the time being.
Be back if I get stumped.
Cheers Jorgo