Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Panasonic 5 disk changer helpp!

shelbreezy

Dec 14, 2010
The model # SA-AK310

I got this for free and it worked yesterday but i tried to turn it out today and the AC light was on but when i press power or the open and close button, there is a a clicking noise. And i think it's coming from the where the power cord hooks up.

Hopefully someone can help, or at least tell me if it can be fixed

:))) thanks!

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
How old is it? Maybe some capacitors in the power supply are worn out. It can surely be fixed. How handy are you with a screwdriver, camera, multimeter, & soldering iron?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
The model # SA-AK310

I got this for free and it worked yesterday but i tried to turn it out today and the AC light was on but when i press power or the open and close button, there is a a clicking noise. And i think it's coming from the where the power cord hooks up.

Hopefully someone can help, or at least tell me if it can be fixed

:))) thanks!

I repair a lot of 5 disc cd players, MOST (99%) times any clicking sound from the unit is the disc changer gearing trying to do its thing but cant because the gearing has lost its timing and the cog teeth are just knocking against each other.

sorting out the timing of the deck carousel will be your first step

cheers
Dave

shelbreezy

Dec 14, 2010
Its not the disc changer it has something to do with the power suppy. You can hold the on button and hear a faint click and same when you hold down the open close button. The screen wont turn on when you press the power button.

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
A relay in the power supply? Open it up, safely, and take a picture for us. In focus and not blurry please.

shelbreezy

Dec 14, 2010
I was thinking maybe a different cord?

What part do you want a picture of? the back of it?

LTX71CM

May 23, 2010
Wherever the sound is coming from. You should be able to spot it fairly easily without the cover on. I don't know your experience level so I'll assume the worst, don't touch anything inside and once the picture is taken replace the cover.

shelbreezy

Dec 14, 2010
DSCI0227.jpg

alright, so i think it's coming from around that area....

sgscreate

Jan 4, 2011
I repair a lot of 5 disc cd players, MOST (99%) times any clicking sound from the unit is the disc changer gearing trying to do its thing but cant because the gearing has lost its timing and the cog teeth are just knocking against each other.

sorting out the timing of the deck carousel will be your first step

cheers
Dave

That's what I need to do, how would you go about "sorting out the timing of the deck carousel" timing? I have a Panasonic SC PT-660. Right after the warranty ran out the Disc Changer locked up. I only used the system as a Home Theater for audio at that point, but once the Disc Changer locked up it will not allow me to access the iPod adaptor, play AM/FM radio, play through from the Aux to allow me to hear the TV, nothing. Just sits there was says "AUX" then "CHGR ERROR" when I attempt to do anything.

I opened it up and removed the DVD player all together, but it just wants to access the disk changer and will not allow the system to go anywhere else. Really needs some sort of system reboot.

I just want the audio play through and I no longer need the DVD player, but it does nothing.

My guess is that I had a $200 system for 13 months and it's just toast and I have to fork over another $350+ to get a more reliable system. I will NOT buy panasonic again. :mad:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Like LTX71CM said, that black box below the power supply cord in your picture, sure
looks like a relay to me, that might be the clicking you hear.
I also notice the black component 45 degree angle up from the cord, looks like a heavy-
duty transient voltage suppressor of some type. If it's fried, you could be hearing the sparking
between the damaged plates. Good luck with it.