Connect with us

OT- What adapter to use in India for my british camcorder?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Rob Beattie, Dec 18, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rob Beattie

    Rob Beattie Guest

    I will be travelling to India soon and am hoping to take my camcorder
    with me. I am not too sure about the electricity system over there and
    would like some advice about what type of adapter I would need.
    My camcorder is a sony and is a UK version.
    I have seen a few adapters in some stores but there appears to be one
    type for Europe, another for the US and yet another for Asia. Do all
    countries in Asia have the same electrical system, i.e. Can a Japanese
    unit work in china or India without the need for an adapter?
  2. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    [email protected]/remove/ (Rob Beattie) wrote in
    I can help you on the India question. They are 240v 50hz everywhere. The
    problem comes with plugs, no one place seemed to be the same. The hotels in
    major cities often had different socket styles in the same room. Most
    common types where round pin with ground (three pin in triangle) and round
    pin two pin styles - I used the same two types in greece and India if that
    helps. Both styles found in those multi pin adapter sets you get ripped of
    for at travel stores and airports.
  3. Rob Beattie

    Rob Beattie Guest

    So electrically the UK and India are the same but physically the
    outlets differ. Ta very much Jeff.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day