Connect with us

oscilloscope help!!

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by tj107us, Feb 3, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tj107us

tj107us

Apr 23, 2011
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    The hantek one has a higher sampling rate. That will allow you to get a better picture of the shape fast waveforms.

Both are way better than my 60MHz analogue scope which cost me under $100. I've had a look at some 20 to 50MHz digital scopes and I was not overly impressed. These may well be a lot better.

Will you be doing a lot of RF work? Or will it be audio frequencies? Or logic?

3. tj107us

tj107us

Apr 23, 2011
    thanks for you help. Right now im just getting into the basics but i want one that i can grow into, if that makes any sence, i want to buy the best that i can afford. 500 - 600 is my max (might be able to squeeze a little more). Right now i just want one to hook up to my 555 timer and get an idea of how it works and what happens when i change capacitor/resistors etc... while its in an astable mode. So the Hantek would be my best bet between those two? If you can suggest any other one, im open for suggestion!!!

Ask a Question