Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Oppo BDP-103 Blu Ray Player Blue LED Power light staying on

lmw

May 14, 2022
Hello,

When I turn off the player the display screen will say off then disappears but the blue led power button light stays on instead of turning red and the disc tray manual open button still has the white light on. When I push the power button again the player starts up as normal. I have unplugged the player and left over night and re-plugged in but same thing again when turning off. Does anyone know what could be causing this? The power off button led should go red when turning off like it used too. Any advice would be great. thanks.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The red LED is duff.
Doesn't explain why the blue LED stays on, neither the disc tray button's LED.

To me this sounds as if the power supply doesn't go into standby mode. Hard to diagnose without a schematic or at least the actual player at hand. Could be anything from a defect component (possibly a photocoupler) to a broken trace ...

lmw

May 14, 2022
Doesn't explain why the blue LED stays on, neither the disc tray button's LED.

To me this sounds as if the power supply doesn't go into standby mode. Hard to diagnose without a schematic or at least the actual player at hand. Could be anything from a defect component (possibly a photocoupler) to a broken trace ...

okay so have figured out what caused it. was an error on my part. Had one Oppo HDMI Output port connected to an AVR Receiver HDMI Output port by mistake. Once I reconnected to AVR HDMI Input port the player LED turns to red when turning off. thanks for the replies though.