Connect with us

(Open for advices) using the nrf52832 module MDBT42Q

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Mike_Lemon123, Jul 7, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mike_Lemon123

Mike_Lemon123

Jul 7, 2017
    Hello,

I've decided to step the game up and use a more serious MCU than arduino and use the nrf52832.

I chose this one because it has an integrated bluetooth on board and NFC capabilities that I needed in my project(also needed to be very small) and starting to proto with arduino I figured out 2KB of RAM just wasn't enough and I was realy topping it without adding the final functionality of the project.

So I've got the board connected some peripherals Like leds a buzzer, I2C (to communicate with a vesc if someone knows what that is) some uart and that's it.

Where should I start assuming I don't have a company or a ton of money to pay for software.

Thanks for your time.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I would check to see if there is a plug-in for the Arduino ide which supports it.

There are a number of similar chipsets which are.

See here

3. Mike_Lemon123

Mike_Lemon123

Jul 7, 2017
    adafruit made something similar to that but it used USB to serial converter and you first need to bootload the MCU which I don't know how and they do at the factory also I want to use an ST link V2 to program it because I already made ports for it.

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Have you googled "St link V2 Arduino"?

Ask a Question