Connect with us

Open door alarm to help avoid cracking your head

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Ron Daves, Sep 30, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Ron Daves

Ron Daves

Sep 30, 2016
    My wife has cracked her head on our kitchen cupboard doors a number of times. I decided to install an alarm that nags her when she leaves one of those darned doors open. So I sent away for Magnetic sensors for the doors, a multi-functional time delay relay and I had a buzzer. After all the stuff arrived, I tapped into a 12 volt source and wired all this stuff up.

The Multi-functional time delay relay is made in America. It can be programmed to delay turning something on or off, or it can be programmed using a trigger event. It can also make things flash. There are 19 different programming modes for this little device. Costs less than $20 and can be found on EBay.
    It's a little bigger than a postage stamp and has several wires coming out of it for the purpose of controlling voltage events.
    Find this device at: http://www.3rdbrakeflasher.com/timer-c-68/

Attached Files:

2. HellasTechn

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
    So was your project successful ?

3. Ron Daves

Ron Daves

Sep 30, 2016
    Yes. The cupboard sounds off after a 5-second delay and my wife is now trained to open and close those doors quickly. No more head injuries.

4. Kiwi

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
    I need those for my wife. Too busy "multitasking" to finish one task before starting the next. :D
    Hope she never sees this!

Ask a Question