Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ONE CHANNEL REMOTE TO BELL WHICH PULSES WANT IT TO RING

Magic OZ

Jun 4, 2016
Hello,

Thought I would ask for some help here.
I have wired up a bell by a one channel 9v and I want the bell to ring until I take my finger off the button.
It all works fine with direct 9v power the bell rings fine, but when I put it through the remote unit the bell pulses on and off.
Can anyone HELP.

Kind Regards
Richard
(Magic OZ)

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Link to the remote you are using? These often have different modes, which might include on as long as the button is pressed.

Bob

Magic OZ

Jun 4, 2016
This one does not have modes and cannot be switched, if anyone has the time to Skype I will be on around 9.00pm UK time. The remote is push to operate longer you press the button longer the bell will ring

Richard

Attachments

• IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Magic OZ

Jun 4, 2016
Can anyone give some idea if I have wired correctly please

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
No way to tell without more information, as requested in post #2. There are many remote control modules that look identical from the top. Direct access to the manufacturer's data is critical to determining whether or not the module you have will do what you want. Also, a relay has at least three output pins, and there is no standard way these are brought out to a connector. Need the data.

ak

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Well, that one has 3 modes as I suggested in my first post. One of them does what you want. But then, you said yours is similar. Can you not link to the exact one you bought?

And, posting a link does not help us tell if you have wired it correctly.

Edit: Oh, and your wiring is almost certainly not correct since it uses all three terminals of the relay. That would be needed only if you wanted to have 2 devices, one is which is normally on and the other which is normally off.

Bob

Magic OZ

Jun 4, 2016
The picture is what I copied I used the positive instead of a negative feed on the picture shown this is near to my unit as possible as I don't think they make this model any more. Cant seem to find data on it at all.
Is this the best way to wire up ????

Bob is there any way we could skype at some point I'm not up to date on electronics at all.

Richard

Attachments

• wiring.PNG
    wiring.PNG
    993.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Magic OZ

Jun 4, 2016
Well, that one has 3 modes as I suggested in my first post. One of them does what you want. But then, you said yours is similar. Can you not link to the exact one you bought?

And, posting a link does not help us tell if you have wired it correctly.

Edit: Oh, and your wiring is almost certainly not correct since it uses all three terminals of the relay. That would be needed only if you wanted to have 2 devices, one is which is normally on and the other which is normally off.

Bob
This is not my unit but these are the remotes I am now waiting for.
I don't have 3 modes

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Okay, the default mode, if you do not modify the board is what you want. The bell rings as long as the button is pressed. And the diagram you posted is the correct way to wire it, assuming the board and the bell are both powered by the same 12V supply. The bell replaces the light bulb in that diagram.

Bob