Connect with us

ON-ON-ON Switch

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by lga1981, Mar 28, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. lga1981

lga1981

Mar 28, 2013
    hello guys i just joined this fourom and i will get some help from here :)

here we go ....

this is what i have

usb (look like a playstation ) joystick with 10 buttons on when input this device to my computer i and play with the joystick everything work just find

now i have ON-ON-ON switch that i really want to make it work with one of the button on the joystick i took the joystick a part and connect it but one problem come i need your help
    when i switch the ON-ON-ON switch it send a constant signal thats mean the joystick button always pressing i want to flip it on (all the way to the top ) and it will send only one pulse but the ON-ON-ON will stay at the same location and again take the switch to the middle it send one pulse to a different button on the joystick and the same if i get the switch to the lower level

please help me !
    thank you

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't believ it. It that really a single sentence? And I always thought German sentences were the longest in the world.

Honestly: I don't get it. Could you please rephrase your question in a more understandable way?
    - what do you have?
    - what did you accomplish so far?
    - what are you trying to achieve (your expectations), what doesn't work as expected (in which way)?
    - show us a schematic of your wiring for better understanding.

3. dietermoreno

dietermoreno

Dec 30, 2012
    I've never heard of an "ON-ON-ON" switch before.

First search result in Google gives this for on-on-on.

[​IMG]

Its a DPDT switch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  4. lga1981

lga1981

Mar 28, 2013
    hello everybody and thank you for the reply

i am really new to this all electronic things so please go easy on me

i have a regular joystick with 10 buttons on it that is connected to my computer
    i take the joystick apart and i weld 2 wires to the negative and positive of the same button
    now if i connected this 2 wires together and look on my windows 7 screen button 1 on my joystick show in red (mean its press) when i release it it show as unpressed
    till here you guy understand ?

now i have ON-ON-ON switch or i think it called DPDT

when i connect this 2 wires i mention before and flip the switch all the way up (2 clicks) i show on my win7 screen that my button 1 on my joystick is press and when i flip the switch all the way down it show as unpressed

till now you guys understand ? simple connection

now this is my problem
    i want to flip the switch all the way up but the joystick button get only one pulse and not stay always pressed (but the switch stay where it is - all the way up ) anybody have an idea how to do this ?

Thank You

5. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    You don't use a switch for that. For momentary action you use a pushbutton.

Ask a Question