Maker Pro
Maker Pro

On my older home security system I want to change the # it dials out

Peter Ott

Feb 10, 2017
My main panel is a Vista 10SE and my keypad is a Ademco 6128 can you help? It probably was installed in late 90's and installed by ADT
Thanks Peter

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Have you Googled the model number?
I did and it came back with many hits on manuals, how to install, how to reset codes etc, etc.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Peter, sorry I didn't see this thread until now. I'm guessing you have the Vista-10SE Installation and Programming Manual by this time.

If you're trying to get your Vista-10SE panel to dial your cell phone---that won't work. I'm making a blind guess in re your intention and I only mention it because so many people have tried it over the years.
If you're just trying to stop the system from calling ADT, that's super-simple, once you get into panel programming. You also need to erase/change the panel's account number that it reports. That acc't # sent to a different monitoring station will cause major grief.

The signal transmission protocol and options can be confusing and non-intuitive. For future reference, here is a link to a DIY forum for alarm system users. http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html

If you re-post your question there, you'll find knowledgeable techs to advise you, but it speeds the process up if you tell them WHAT YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH. "Changing the number it dials out" is not what you want to do (goal), it's how you think you'll accomplish what you want (method).

If you want to self-monitor on your cell phone, "changing the number it dials out" won't accomplish that. What it will accomplish is having your system go into a FC (Failure to Communicate) every time it tries to send a signal. Again, I'm guessing, because I don't know what you want to accomplish.
If you haven't already accomplished what you wanted, give us a post over at the forum linked above and one or more of us can help you.