Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Older Mitsubishi TV won't power on

mageson1

Feb 14, 2009
Hi:

I have a Mitsubishi CS-2658R 26" TV. It still has a great picture, but over the last few months, it has occasionally become hard to turn on. Whether I use the remote or the switch on the face of the TV, it clicks but nothing happens. Actually, eventually the switch does work, but it appears that it won't anymore, as of today.

Since the problem has been intermittent and getting worse, and I can hear the click, I suspect that there is something wrong physically with the power switch.

The TV is connected directly to the power outlet at the wall, we have had no lightning, there is no protection mode issue (like the newer Mitsubishi's appear to be plagued with.)

I'd prefer to keep the TV, rather than replacing it, (money is tight), and have a hope that I could replace a part etc myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!:)

memoryinuse

May 22, 2009
the problem is probably bad solder (ring cracks) around the horizontal output transistor or flyback, not the relay which you hear clicking. with a good meter you can check the b+ at the collector of q551 (mod 2655's#) holler back al

canactech

Jul 7, 2009
Older Mitsubishi

Look for the capacitors, because an old capacitor could be defective and seems to be in god shape when you look at it. If you have access to an ESR meter it's a very good tool to check a capacitor onboard. If not, replace all the capacitor with a big value like 470uF and more.

It's not very expensive and could give your television a new life.

Canactech