Connect with us

Old LCD-TV (Sony Wega KLV-20SR3) Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Teaser, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Teaser

Teaser

Jun 27, 2015
    Hello,
    First of all I'm new here and this is my first thread. I came here hoping to find help repairing an older LCD-TV.
    It is the Sony Wega KLV-20SR3. It has the good old florescent lamp for providing light.
    Now here is the problem:
    It does not work at all :D Kinda says it all ha? Well First I thought that it could be the usual Capacitor problem in the power circuit but after opening up the TV-Set it turned out that all capacitors on all boards actually "look" perfect. Now I don't have a capacity meter so I can't determine if a capacitor is bad.
    So then I suspected that the florescent lamp could be dead. These actually have a life cycle and the device is kinda 10 Years old or something like that.
    But then I noticed that two LEDs (red and green) which are for determining if the TV is on or off start to flicker as soon as one connects the power cable. The ON/OFF button on the device does not change any thing and has no effect.
    Here is a photo of the whole circuitry. The LEDs are on the right edge of the screen (Up on the right in the attached photo).
    Please, any idea what could be the problem?

TV.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Hi, have you checked the power to the psu?
    If you have, how are you doing it?

Have you d/l the schematic? It's readily available.
    Martin

3. AlenZGB

AlenZGB

Feb 19, 2014
    I have Sony bravia dont know is that the same principal but when broke down i had blinking red light in
    intervals.
    i presume it can be similar with your sony.

4. Martaine2005

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
    Blimey. Stella Artois is taking over.

5. cjdelphi

cjdelphi

Oct 26, 2011
    If it is the dead fluro, you should be able to start disconnecting cables until the tv powers up minus backlighting... the led flickers would suggest a heavy load or short?

Test all the power points and disconnect the fluros..

Ask a Question