Connect with us

old galaga arcade monitor problems

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by Mike, Jan 7, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I have an old midway galaga white cabnet upright system.

    it had a bad power supply, so i wired in a SMPS, and it worked fine. there
    is perfect sound, ram OK, rom OK, everything.

    the problem is the monitor. there is horizontal sync, but NO vertical sync.
    the picture is flickering, and there is three galaga screens runnin into
    each other like bad sync. if i turn the vert hold control, the whole picture
    will roll. so teh vert is locked. there isnt any sync. the horizontal is
    locked fine. good picture.

    any of you delt with this, and know which caps to replace? i got a funny
    feeling its capacitors.
  2. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    Well you can get a cap kit for about $6 that replaces all the ones that tend
    to fail over the years, always a good idea to do. It could also be a board
    or wiring problem though.
  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    do you know which ones they specifically are? i might have them.

    also, whats the part number, and where can you get them? its not an
    electrohome monitor. i believe its RCA
  4. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    Depends what monitor it is, RCA doesn't make monitors, both Wells Gardner
    and Electrohome monitors often used RCA picture tubes, but it depends on the
    particular production run.
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    i need a site to get the kit, or a list of the kits capacitors
  6. Mike

    Mike Guest

    also, i found a site, but i dont see where it says the brand of the monitor
    on it.
  7. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

  8. James Sweet

    James Sweet Guest

    Look for a sticker on the frame, it's probably an Electrohome G07-CBO, but
    it could be a WG. You can get all the parts you'll need from Bob Roberts,
    here's a link on his site to a bunch of pictures to identify your monitor.
  9. Mike

    Mike Guest

    WG K4900 recognize it by the circuits.
  10. Ken Layton

    Ken Layton Guest

    If it's a Wells-Gardner 4900 series monitor then you want to order
    capacitor kit # 202 from Zanen Electronics (phone 806-793-6337). Zanen
    does not have a website so you must call. They have capkits, flybacks,
    and transistors for most commercial video arcade game monitors.

    FYI, the best newsgroup to get help with video arcade game & monitor
    problems is
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day