Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Okuma panel (CRT monitor)

rebelroxy

Jun 6, 2011
I don't know a whole lot about these monitors. I'm hoping ya'll could help me get started on this one. When I turn on the panel im not getting any picture. The tube does not glow in the back small portion like it should. I don't have schematics for it and was hoping for some tips on where to start. I am getting voltage to the card behind the tube. could the flyback have anything to do with it not coming on?

Attachments

• crt.JPG
    crt.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 423
  • crt1.JPG
    crt1.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 289

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Do you have a pinout for the tube? Have you checked the heater is getting power? Have you checked to see if the heater has continuity?

Please be careful around picture tubes. They bite.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I don't know a whole lot about these monitors. I'm hoping ya'll could help me get started on this one. When I turn on the panel im not getting any picture. The tube does not glow in the back small portion like it should. I don't have schematics for it and was hoping for some tips on where to start. I am getting voltage to the card behind the tube. could the flyback have anything to do with it not coming on?

if the tube isnt glowing at the PCB end of the neck then there is no heater voltage.
you need to identify the heater connections and measure their voltages seem to remember somewhere in the region of 6 to 12V, cant remember if DC or AC try both,
usually AC voltage.

Dave