Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Off the Shelf Logic Gates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Sep 1, 2018
Hi, I was wondering if there are any logic gates that you can buy ready made? After a quick Google I have not been able to find anything that suits, but I may be asking the wrong questions!

Specifically, all I need is a single AND gate that is able to handle 12v/car voltages. I simply want to illuminate an LED only when two other circuits are active at the same time. Not having worked with electronics much before I realise I am ignorant in this area, but would have thought simply being able to buy a simple "plug and play" unit would be useful for many instances.

Does such a thing exist? And if so where should I look?

Thanks.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Last edited:

fredkerr

Nov 1, 2023
I'm coming here a little late. Did you ever get an answer to your question? Actually, you did get a good one up there.

You can google RTL, DTL, etc. 2N2222 can handle 40V but automotive is a very hostile environment. 12V is not 12VDC there. You need to filter and protect your power, so the power supply needs to accept "12V automotive input" and supply "filtered and 'safed'" 12V (or less, why not) to your circuit.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
And here come your usual assortment of non-sequiturs.
I resemble that remark. ;)
I have in the past and continue to use...you're clever circuits. Thank you.
"Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher."
-Japanese Proverb
The great ones I call... Sensei.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.