Connect with us

Oddball diode?

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by [email protected], May 19, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    Sorry for asking what I know in advance is going to be a stupid
    question, but I tried googling and could find no information.
    Normally I work on pinball machines and arcade machines, and I've
    never run into this part until I was asked to work on a television set
    with bad sync.

    Anyways... on the sync board is what I assume to be a rectifier...
    marked B12 in large letters, with the number 69 in small letters. I
    can find no information online.... any ideas on what exactly this part
    is, and its specs?

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the stupid question.

  2. ian field

    ian field Guest

    You could try re-posting on

    There's some good tech's there who deal with TVs all the time and know all
    about these "foreign devil" diode part numbers.
  3. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    Are there any circuit references on the PCB? I'm guessing that the
    part may be 12V Zener. The "B" may refer to the tolerance. Anyway, if
    it's an old TV, I'd first check for dried out electrolytic capacitors,
    particularly in the vertical output section.

    - Franc Zabkar
  4. Guest

    Reference is D5E1. Has a cathode band on it. Black, brown writing.

    I doubt it's a zener, because the board has the symbol for a normal
    diode on it, whereas the zener has the curvy line forward of the
    arrow.... this has the straight line.

    Thanks for your help.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day