Connect with us

Odd capacitor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by geekygenius, Jan 29, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. geekygenius

geekygenius

Jan 21, 2013
    So, I found this schematic, but I'm a little confused about a few of the capacitors on the schematic. What kind of capacitor should I use for C10? It looks like I need a 10uF non polarized capacitor, and they make those, but for testing purposes, I would have to use a bank of them in parallel to get that much capacitance. What about C24 or C4 or C26? would I have to use the came strategy, or could I put in an electrolytic with the negative side in as the shaded portion on the schematic?

Thanks for any help.

http://s81.beta.photobucket.com/use...quinox Reverb/reverbschem.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Only C10 shows "NP" which is likely to mean non polarized. All other capacitors are standard electrolytic capacitors. At least for C15, 20 and 23 you can see the "-" mark on the capacitor's plastic envelope.

The PCB shows a "+" sign even for C10, very irritating.

Sorry, no great help. Maybe you get a better answer directly on the forum where this circuit was posted.

Ask a Question