Connect with us

Obsolete Part Datasheet DZ71100

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by mityeltu, Sep 1, 2017.

1. mityeltu

mityeltu

Nov 30, 2015
    I am indesperate need of the datasheet to go with the DZ71100 Zener Diode. Does anyone have a copy? I have scoured the internet wihtout any luck.

2. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    Is this the diode manufacture part number?
    Could it be a specific product number?
    Please post a picture.

3. mityeltu

mityeltu

Nov 30, 2015
    "DZ71100" is printed on the diode on line 1. Line 2 shows "6J MSC"
    Picture attached

Attached Files:

4. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    It is an ellusive part to find.
    Closest I could get was this one.

I would check it under voltage to find out the zener voltage(11V or 7.1V).
    Use a DC P.S(start with 12V and then with 15V) put a series resistor to allow about 10-20mA of current and measure the zener voltage.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2017
  5. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir mityeltu . . . . .

I can’t see those being other than just one watt encased Zener diodes, possibly at some custom 7 volt variant from the normal assigned bracketing values of 6.8-----7.5 VDC Zener thresholds..

How about doing a non destructive testing, using a 24VDC supply and a series current limiting resistor of 1k to its cathode.

That should tickle the unit enough to see what its Zener threshold is being .

If that gives no reading, suspicion that you just might have yourself a special unit on up in the ~70 V region, and use a higher 100VDC and a 10 K resistor to do the same test.

That house number is being a dead end lead, otherwise, but Motorola did use that diode prefix in olden tymes on some of their diodes...

73’s de Edd

6. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Is the data requirement as a function of part replacement or so you can use the stock you have for some other purpose?

If it is from existing equipment then the schematic of it in-situ may reveal some information.

If it is from a 'found' (or purchased) bandolier of assorted components then it may well be a transient absorber since (in my personal experience) there seems to be a lot of them about in the surplus market.....

7. mityeltu

mityeltu

Nov 30, 2015
    I work in a component deication lab. This part was sent for testing at 5.5v (according to the customer who purchased them from a clearing house supplier). However, there is no datasheet so I have no idea what breakdown current limit should be to determine pass/fail criteria.

I am led to believe they were manufactured by Microsemi, so i am going to reach out to them today.

Thank you for all the advice/support/help. Wish me luck.

8. mityeltu

mityeltu

Nov 30, 2015
    FOUND IT! Or rather, the new owner sent me a copy. It is an old Honeywell part. I'm posting it here in case others may want/need it.

Attached Files:

9. dorke

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
    Nice find!

10. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Very decent of you. Thanks.

Ask a Question