Maker Pro
Maker Pro

NP61 Projector

Technoj

Mar 26, 2015
Hello
I recently was given a used NEC NP61 projector. I opened it up to check the bulb and there ended up not being a bulb. I looked up the price of a bulb and realized that it was going to cost me $300 as I need a cooling pump and the $300 bulb comes with one. I then decided that I was going to convert the projector to run on LEDs. I would love it if anyone could help me find a way to power the LEDs. I have not decided what LEDs I am buying yet so I am open to suggestions but I would like it to be as bright as possible. Please Help. Thanks! :)

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Possible yeah, but LED's that put out a lot of light get pretty toasty and require cooling as well. (Passive or active)
Additionally, brighter LEDs will either involve using lots of smaller LEDs to make an array, or buying a high power LED module (that is constructed as an array of LED dies anyway) Both solutions involve having a larger area area emitting light. Check to see what kind of room you have and if you can makeshift a heatsink or fan in there to keep the LEDs cool.

Technoj

Mar 26, 2015
Possible yeah, but LED's that put out a lot of light get pretty toasty and require cooling as well. (Passive or active)
Additionally, brighter LEDs will either involve using lots of smaller LEDs to make an array, or buying a high power LED module (that is constructed as an array of LED dies anyway) Both solutions involve having a larger area area emitting light. Check to see what kind of room you have and if you can makeshift a heatsink or fan in there to keep the LEDs cool.
I actually know that, I am more trying to find the details. I need to figure out either how to lower the power that is fed to the bulb or draw it from somewhere else. I also need help choosing the actual LEDs.