Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Not the right site but you guys seem to know alot

Kimberly

Aug 2, 2016
Hi, not getting much answers from other sites and i know its not really the right place but could anyone help? My LG phone was doing a "boot loop" pretty much would load to the lg screen then shut off and repeat. Tried restore ect and it wouldnt even allow that. My carrier told me lg is sending them a new one to give to me and theyll send mine to LG. My question is what happens to all my personal info on my phone? Who sees it and is there a big risk of my stuff being put out there or info stolen? Thanks

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
local repair shops should be able to extract data from SIM card and maybe delete files

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
local repair shops should be able to extract data from SIM card and maybe delete files
True, provided you have a SIM card.

My guess is any other data will be lost if they have to repair the operating system.

If your lucky, it may be a battery/charger problem and data may be recoverable.

Kimberly

Aug 2, 2016
True, provided you have a SIM card.

My guess is any other data will be lost if they have to repair the operating system.

If your lucky, it may be a battery/charger problem and data may be recoverable.

Hi. Im not getting the phone back. They sent me a new one and im just sending my old one back to them. I dont need any of the info or pics im just curious about if they will erase it when they get ir or if i should be worried about them going through my personal info

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
..curious about if they will erase it when they get ir or if i should be worried about them going through my personal info

I wouldn't worry about your dead phone. It's doubtful they have the time or inclination to fix your old phone just so they can extract some presumably worthless data from you.

If you want to worry about something;
worry about an overreaching government that already has access to all of our metadata. So, even if you smash your old phone, your data is still available if "they" want it bad enough.