Maker Pro
Maker Pro

NOT GETTING PROPER RANGE IN XBEE PRO SB2...!!

BHARGAV SHANKHALPARA

Nov 6, 2013
Hello everyone...

i am working on one project which capture data at remote site and send it to central room. for that purpose i choose XBEE S2 in first stage. my circuit contain two section TX and RX. Each side i use micro controller for process data before use. i just want to remove wire and make it wireless.

my problem is that...

after making my circuit i test range of XBEE S2 and i got near by range as per datasheet. but it is not enough in my project so i decide to use pro module. So i purchase XBEE PRO S2B for long range. after configuration of pro xbee when i attach it with circuit instead of XBEE S2. i am getting signal from one xbee pro sb2 to another xbee pro sb2. but when i test its range its 1/4 of XBEE S2. i can't understand why its happen. i already test some problem reason such as...

1. i provide proper power to xbee pro s2b from 1 amp. SMPS followed by 3.3v voltage regulator.

2. i already select PL value as "4" which is highest among all.

3. also boost mode is enable.

please help me to solve my problem...!!

Thanks
bhargav shankhalpara

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
More power is generally not the way to get more range. It is better to have a better antenna and receiver (up to a point) and to eliminate problems in the path (i.e. obstructions)

Perhaps you can provide more details relevant to all of these things, concentrating on the sort of range you're after vs what you're getting and the antennas in use.

BHARGAV SHANKHALPARA

Nov 6, 2013
Thanks for reply...

in my xbee pro s2b have factory fitted wire antenna. there is no specification in datasheet that if you use such antenna than you get proper range...!!